The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. – Proverbs 4:18
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
At New Day Yoga we praise God for the gift of yoga. He led us to this practice which provides an ongoing opportunity for growth and development in our Christian walk. Yoga provides the tools we use to harness our thoughts, train our body, and establish our heart in God’s best plan of love. This 200 YTT is one way we give back what God has given us. To see you take hold of these holy practices, apply them to your own life, and then teach them to others, is a gift to the world that we know pleases God. You may choose to do this training for your own healing and growth or for the healing and growth of others. Either way, the world around you will be changed for the better, revealing the goodness of God anew.
The next 200 YTT at New Day Yoga in Kennesaw, GA, with Dayna Gelinas, E-RYT 500, will begin in the spring of 2018.
New Day Yoga Studio
2716 Bent Creek Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Download Application Here
Dates of 2018 Training (200-Hour Course includes all 10 weekends):
|Weekend 1: Feb. 9-11, 2018||Weekend 6: Jun. 30 - Jul. 1, 2018|
|Weekend 2: Mar. 10-11, 2018||Weekend 7: Jul. 21-22, 2018|
|Weekend 3: Apr. 7-8, 2018||Weekend 8: Aug. 18-19, 2018|
|Weekend 4: May 5-6, 2018||Weekend 9: Sep. 15-16, 2018|
|Weekend 5: Jun. 2-3, 2018||Weekend 10: Oct. 13-14, 2018|
Beginning and Ending Times of Weekend Training
|Friday: 3:00pm – 6:30pm (First weekend only)|
|Saturday: 8:00am – 6:30pm (All ten weekends)|
|Sunday: 8:00am – 6:30pm (All ten weekends)|
Application Fee: $75
Teacher Training Fee: $2800
The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long
Hatha Yoga Illustrated by Martin Kirk, Brooke Boon, Daniel DiTuro
New Day Yoga Teacher Training Manual by Dayna Gelinas
Dayna Gelinas, B.S. in Secondary Education, E-RYT 500, is the Lead Teacher and Director for the 200 YTT program. The founder of New Day Yoga, Dayna has been teaching yoga, fitness, and/or education classes since 1982. Her students describe her as “a gifted teacher with a passion for truth, who passes along accurate information with clarity, precision, a positive energy, and heart.” Her first 200 Hour Training was taught in 2006, and she has continued to teach a 200 Hour course each year since.
Dayna has trained under excellent teachers with multiple styles. To list a few:
- Graham Fowler of Peachtree Yoga – Vinyasa Flow and Pranayama
- Gina Minyard of Yoga Collective – Anusara
- Sue Hopkins of Etowah Valley Yoga – Iyengar
- Othene Munson of The Center for Yoga – Iyengar
- Gary Kraftsow of American Viniyoga Institute – Viniyoga
- Tom Ryan of Prayer of Heart and Body – Meditation.
She received her first 200 Hour Certification in 2001, her first 500 Hour Certification in 2009, and continues to train in the areas of Yoga Therapy, Anatomy, Energetics, Neuroplasticity and Meditation.
Other Lead Teachers trained under NDY round out the faculty for the YTT 200 each year, bringing a variety of voices and skills to the program while still maintaining consistency of purpose and vision.
What To Expect From The Training
- Jesus – Jesus, as well as the Father and the Holy Spirit, will be honored as the One True God, Creator and Lord of ALL. Learn how Jesus is present in all aspects of yoga from the postures to the breath to the mind to the heart.
- Asana – 52 foundational postures will be studied with emphasis on how to approach the pose, how to hold the pose, and how to come out of the pose, as well as modifications and contraindications for each one. A Cue Sheets Assignemt accompanies the learning of the postures.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology – Major muscles and bones used in each posture will be addressed.
- Pranayama – Learn various breathing techniques and how the breath enhances or hinders the practice of yoga.
- Energy Anatomy & Physiology – One of the key factors that makes the New Day Yoga Teacher Training unique is the study of the chakras, the energy centers in the body. Learn what the Bible has to say about this energetic anatomy and how to use your energy to accomplish all that God has called you to do and be.
- Chanting – Experience the power of chant in English using Scriptures and teachings from the Bible.
- Traditional Yoga Philosophy & Yoga from a Christian Perspective – These views will be compared and contrasted so that you will understand the beginnings and origin of yoga, yet you will be absolutely sure of the Christian Believer’s value in practicing and teaching yoga from a Christian perspective. The New Day Yoga Teacher Training encourages boldness and fearlessness coupled with humility and grace.
- Meditation/Prayer/Contemplation – Learn the difference between these three holy practices of a Believer. Apply each one to your life and yoga practice.
- Mantra and the Power of the Word – The discipline of the mind will be addressed and Biblical methods of renewing the mind will be taught.
- Yoga Lifestyle/Lifestyle of a Believer – Find out how can one reinforce the other.
- Yamas/Niyamas & Hatha Yoga Styles – These topics will be the subjects of two presentations assigned during the training.
- Principles of Demonstration – Apply these principles to the teaching of your yoga classes and individual postures and keep your students safe. One proper demonstration can clarify your teaching and omit the need for many words!
- Principles of Movement – Learn, apply, and demonstrate the 8 principles of movement common to all yoga postures.
- Principles of Alignment – Learn, apply, and demonstrate the 5 principles of alignment common to all yoga postures, and watch the transformation of your yoga practice as you explore the potential in your body and mind.
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers and Believers – Discuss the motivation behind the ethics, and, from the heart, apply them to your life and teaching.
- Assisting/Correcting Students – Learn when and how to give hands-on adjustments and verbal cues to guide your students into an optimum yoga experience.
- Practice Teaching – Including four 20-Minute Teaching Sessions, one 75-Minute Session, and one 30-Minute Final Teaching Test. These six opportunities to teach and receive immediate feedback will begin Weekend 2. Once you have completed your final Practice Teaching Weekend 10, you will feel comfortable and confident in leading a basic yoga class for all levels. These teaching practicums are another one of the key factors tht makes the New Day Yoga Teacher Training unique and valuable for someone learning to teach for the first time.
- Teaching Styles – Discover your own teaching style as we consider some of the major types of Hatha Yoga, including Iyengar, Viniyoga, and Anusara.
- Teaching Voice – Find your own unique voice as a teacher by realizing the core value of your life and then applying that to the teaching of yoga.
- Qualities of a Teacher – Find out what makes a good teacher good and learn how to apply that information to your teaching.
- A Student’s Process of Learning – Learn the different learning styles and types of yoga students and how those differences need to be addressed in a yoga class.
- Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga – Dayna will share her personal experiences of teaching yoga from a Christian perspective in different settings, providing you with the tools you will need to begin your own classes at a studio, gym, or church.
new day yoga 200 hour graduates
|Lori Smith||Marcie Humphries||Cecily Patin|
|Kristie Mc Shane||Renee Mango||North Carolina|
|California||Becky Bialko||Julie Mehta Chugani|
|Nicole Kanour||Merritt Tidwell||Angela Thomas|
|Heather Guinn||Rebecca Thurmond||Donna Cross|
|Florida||Terry Debski||South Carolina|
|Trisha Doti-Boon||Lori Bisser||Jamie Wise|
|Tiffany Ferguson||Yanire Nieves||Lynda Brown|
|Sandy Thomas||Helen Brady||Lauren Hughes|
|Barbara Carlin||Michele Perry||Sharon Green|
|Tanisha Turner||April Avery Brown||Ronchie Bailey|
|Janine Bowen||Amber Schwalls||Lori Galbraith|
|Jana Combs||Pat Tomczyk||Texas|
|Julie Payne||Kandy Duke||Angie Sandquist|
|Skylar Barger||Sarah Freeman|
|Bambi Kendrick||Jennifer Belcher|
|Mary Mitchell||Crystal Walker|
|Crista Wagoner||Tamara Willman|
|Cathy Hightower||Lauren Rosen|
|Melissa Hayes||Susie Casselman|
|Kerry Kelly||Linda Davault|
|Susan Goff||Nancy Schoonover|
|Teresa Boudreau||Lindsey Johnson|
|Keith Durso||Donna Broom|
|Carol Sylvester||Barb Parcell|
|Jessica Hoberg||Norrie Morrison|
|Kellie Martin||Angel Coughlin|
|Lindsay Pede||Megan Freeman|
|Judy Renault||Lynda Hebert|
|Stefanie Long||Any Davis|
|Tammy Holbrook||Nicole McCarty|
|Sherri Devine||Samantha Yarborough|
|Elizabeth Rountree||Jennifer Prescott|